kcwbc

P.D. James, Arthur Conan Doyle
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Emmuska Orczy

Obsidian (A Lux Novel)

Obsidian - Jennifer L. Armentrout I've been waiting to read this book for a while and it was on sale for Kindle for $3 and how does a girl say no to a sexy alien. I started this book in around nine right before I went to bed but I never looked back at the clock until I had finished every extra that Jennifer Armentrout had to offer and it was 1 am.
There is a Twilight feel to this book. Girl meets hot guy and boy isn't human. He saves her life a couple of times. Perky sister is her best friend. As I read I noted the similarities as I went but they didn't bother me. Even so, I think this story works a lot better. Katy and Daemon's banter had me laughing out loud. Their insta-love is a little annoying but a lot of stories work like that in YA now.
There are a lot of elements that work in this story though. I thought the alien story was unique and interesting. Its kind of a typical paranormal YA romance but I really enjoyed it. I thought the extra scenes in Daemon's point of view were excellent. I want to read even more from his POV. Katy is a great character and I loved that she had a passion for books. That element made me love her and really connect with her.

I couldn't put this book down and I have already purchased the next book in the series. I cannot wait to have time to read it.