kcwbc

The Scarlet Pimpernel
Emmuska Orczy

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter - Seth Grahame-Smith SOME SPOILERS
I actually enjoyed this book a lot more than I thought I would. I’m not sure what I was expecting but this story certainly wasn’t it. I read P&P&Zombies last year and enjoyed the author’s style. However, I was unsure how he would do creating a story of his own but I was not disappointed. As someone who likes history I was slightly disappointed this book did not focus on the Civil War more but I think the awesome details about Lincoln’s young life and later life made up for that. I thought the story dragged at some points particularly towards the end because was not fighting vampires anymore. Throughout most of the book the vampire hunting the main focus but when the focus switches to the more political side of things I thought it became a bit slow and repetitive. I was particularly annoyed at how often Abe would say he is never going to hunt vampires again or that he would never leave his family again but then would do the opposite. Henry’s decision at the end of the book was fascinating for me and I enjoyed idea that vampires were involved in other parts of history not just Abe Lincoln’s life.